Hi @Jan Brubacher25 ,
If you've just signed up for Sendgrid, you're most likely required to create an API key. We have a good article available on how to create an API key- How to Integrate Sendgrid37
Here's the step by step instructions on how to create and find the API key- Creating an API key.31
Hopefully, this should address your query but if in case not, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Join the community of community managers!
Hi @Jan Brubacher25 ,
You register from web of Sendgrid. And create API key ( Node Js, Java, Ruby,...you can choose ) but you just copy API key and paste it to Admin Panel is OK
Hi there. To prevent the emails from ending up in spam, you need to:
- Move the community under your own company111 domain or sub-domain.
- Make sure your domain is not blocking the third-party software (Like Tribe) to send emails to your users.
- Enabled the Sendgrid app127.
- To prevent email notifications from ending up in spam, follow these steps202.
- Then check the status108 of the community emails
Important Note: If you are not receiving any email at all (not in your inbox or spam folder), please make sure you have not blocked sending email from the Admin Panel> Settings> Access> Email.
Hi Mark. You can always check the logs of the outgoing emails from your Tribe in the admin dashboard. Below is how to do it.
1. You can check the status of the emails from Admin Panel> Members from left-side menu> Invited Users from top-menu> click on Email Activity Log on the top-right, and you should see the status of all the emails send from the community (including notifications and invitations):
2. To better email delivery and to prevent your community emails from ending up in spam, we recommend our customer to install the Sendgrid app52. There are two ways for installing the Sendgrid: Username and Password, or API Key. The API key is safer so we recommend using this method in the app settings.
Now, if the Sendgrid app is enabled, it means that you have created an account on Sendgrid.
3. If you are on Sendgrid Free Plan, your Sendgrid plan does not include the API Key. Therefore, you need to try the Username and Password authentication method to enable the app inside tribe.
If you you are on Sendgrid free plan and you use the API Key as authentication method inside your community, you can see in the Email Activity Log (explained in #1) that the status of the emails are Forbidden:
4. If you are on Sendgrid Paid plan (check the pricing here86), then you can use the API Key as your authentication method inside Tribe. You can either create API... (More)