Organize community Spaces by grouping them under Collections.
With a community full of different Spaces, it can be helpful to categorize them within folders. This is where Admins can utilize Collections: a group of Spaces collected into one place that allows Admins to organize and manage Spaces within the left sidebar.
In this article, learn how to create and edit Collections to set up an organized structure for the community!
Create a Collection
After creating Spaces, Collections are a helpful way to organize them. Members can also select collections to view all the Spaces within it.
❗Note: Only admins can create and edit a Collection
Learn how to create a Collection below:
1. Navigate to the top header and click on the + icon next to your profile image. Next, select Add Collection.
2. From the Add Collection modal, complete the following:
a. Collection Name.
b. A Description to describe the Collection.
c. Save changes.
❗Important note: Collections are not visible if a member does not have access to any of its Spaces.
Make changes to Collections that were previously created
1. Click on the Collection from the left menu> click [...] on the top-right> Edit Collection.
2. From the Edit Collection modal, make any changes to the Name and/or Description and select Save.
Delete a Collection:
First, all Spaces within a Collection must be deleted before deleting the Collection.
Click on the Collection from the left menu> click [...] on the top-right> Delete Collection.
❗ Important note: The last Collection cannot be deleted. At least one collection needs to exist in the community.
Here's how the Tribe Platform enables Admins to organize the listing order of Collections:
1. Click on your Account (Profile Picture) > click Customizer.
2. Hover over the Collection Menu > Select the pencil icon to Edit the Collection Menu.
3. The view style of the Collections can now be Simple or Collapsible. Under Collections, drag and drop the Collection to adjust the order, which is displayed on the left sidebar. The order is also mimicked on the home page left sidebar.
Collections can also be hidden from the left sidebar using the toggles.
3. Save changes.
Learn how to: