Learn about cookies and how to set them up in your Tribe community.
About the Cookie Consent Manager App
Cookie consent is the term for when users give their consent to letting a website activate its cookies and trackers that process personal data.
Types of Cookies
Essential website cookies (Mandatory): Cookies strictly required to provide users with the services and features available in the community.
Analytics and functional cookies (Optional): Cookies that collect information to gain insight into how the site is being used and how users navigate the community.
Advertising and tracking cookies (Optional): Cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to the users and their interests.
Enable the Cookie Consent Manager App
1. Log in to the community using your admin account > click on your profile picture > Administration:
2. On the Administration page, click on the Apps on the left sidebar.
3. On the Apps page, click on Cookie Consent Manager App.
4. Click on Install this app.
5. Once it's installed, view the Cookie Consent Manager has been successfully installed message, displayed below.
Selecting Cookies as a User:
When members visit the community for the first time, a Cookies Modal displays (pictured below):
If users click on I'm fine with cookies, All cookies will be allowed automatically.
If users click on Manage Preferences, a new Modal will open which gives them the option to accept/reject Option Cookies.
Manage preferences option: Allows users to review the available cookie controls and make changes to the cookie options listed in the image below:
Click Submit Preferences to apply options.
Click Required cookies only for the community to automatically disable optional cookies.
I'm fine with cookies option: Allows users to allow all cookies.
Users can also click on Required cookies only and the community will automatically disable optional cookies.
List of Cookies
2. Analytics and Functional:
a) Name: '_tribe_login',
b) Name: '_tribe_session',
c) Name: '_login_id',
Company: 'Google Inc.',
3. Advertising and Tracking: Depends on the apps installed by the community admins.
Learn more about:
Still have questions? Ask a new question in the Support Space.