Skip to main content
Asked a question recently

What feature(s) should be added on Tribe and why? What are your suggestions for us?

This is a feedback question! You can provide multiple answers.

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

The ability to pin a post to the top of the home page & topics. This is important for example, if we want to host a AMA, feature specific posts, or make announcements (other than the main announcement). 

Also, another thing I noticed is that people don't use topic tags. Instead of posting in the specific subtopic that is pertinent to their questions, they will post in just the main forum & they will not label their posts with the correct subtopic. Not sure what the best solution to this is. 

Also, it's hard to do searches because it doesn't show you a list of results like Google does. Either the keyword you are looking for is mentioned in a question, or it will not return search results. If you search for a term that is mentioned in an answer but not a question, it will not show any results.

elmi bester
Memberships & Network

It will be useful if the announcement block could have an option for a slider- that will allow one to use that screen real estate to promote or highlight more than one item. 

Rich edition in questions and the ability to attach an image to a questions

It would be very useful if I could schedule posts. I would like to create content in advance and set a date and a time of publication for each post.

It would be great to be able to "reply" to a email with a message or post and have that email be parse as a reply to a thread. 

hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

Whenever someone replies to a discussion, this should bounce the topic to the top of the Feed.

elmi bester
Memberships & Network

We can see that people may post in the open Tribe, and not a specific Tribe group...  could it become an option for a moderator or admin to move a message from the 'open Tribe' to a specific group? Not sure about good practice here?

THIS FEATURE IS IN PROCESS BY TRIBE TEAM.

A way to add topic when the question is written, maybe from a favourite topic list. Perhaps a user can have some pre added topics, which the user can select under the user profile.

elmi bester
Memberships & Network

THIS FEATURE IS IN PROCESS BY TRIBE TEAM

It will be useful if one can select when you add content in the open feed, to post it to a specific group. Then one don't need to remember to first go to the group before you post. 

Looking forward to the improved UI for tagging topics :)

1. I think you should provide a base theme for css styling we can review to create new designs.
  2. Have the ability to integrate Adsense or monetization to the platform - even memberships if one desires.

It would be helpful to have links in the navbar given the option to open in the same tab rather than having all links in the navbar opening in a new tab. Thanks!

#1 is implemented by Tribe

#2 is in progress

1. Cover photo on profile pages

2. Chat Feature

It would be great if answer section shows only the best or most voted answer as in Quora. In current version, each answer has been shown separately.

hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

When I add a link to the community's telegram channel (in the admin panel) - it adds a nice "Join our telegram channel" link to the community's main page.

What feature(s) should be added on Tribe and why? What are your suggestions for us?

However, this is only available on the desktop of version of the channel and not on the mobile version, which sort of misses the whole point....

Please find a way to add a similar link to the mobile version too!

hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

The User's ToDo box is a good feature that helps new users to get to new the community and it's interface. However, there is no way to dimiss it besides completing the ToDo...

For example, if a user doesn't want to Connect Messenger (or Telegram, etc.) - the ToDo box will never disappear...

A user should have the option to disable the box. Perhaps in his Profile settings?

It would be useful if admin and moderators could add a signature which will be displayed under all their answers/comments. 

They would be able to add a link to the FAQ and/or add the mail of the support team.

elmi bester
Memberships & Network

Hi there - it is quite difficult to figure out from the Detailed Reports to which post a Comment, or Post belong - some comments are included as Post. It will be great if the parent content item can be shown with the comment.

It will be nice if the bookmark feature will be there for off-line. 

hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

Would like the users to have an option for a one-click setting to subscribe to all new content in the community - instead of having to subscribe to each topic/group separately.

Feature: The option to ask a question to users creating an account, and then manually approve them.

Why: So you can verify sign ups that have for example purchased an online course by checking that the email they have used was used to purchase the online course. 

To use Whatsapp instead of Facebook Messenger

It would be great to have some kind of folder system so i can easily share files in a folder system vs through topics and posts. would help with organizing things.

hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

Images in Discussions can be clicked on, and then display full screen.

However, can't zoom in to see smaller details...

Please add option to be able to zoom in (either with a zoom button, or just with pinching on mobile....)

Cengiz Aydın
Co-creator @hubitat.org

On the front page I do not see 'comments' given to an answer to a question. You see 'likes' but not comments. The only way to see comments is to click on the question first, then land to the page for that specific question. So, unless one clicks on the question one has no idea if there are followup comments. I suggest a button at the bottom of each answer showing there are comments on that answer

One more thing, your comments do not appear on your activities on your own profile page. All others, posts, questions, answers, are there, but not comments. So, if your comments are valuable, there is this risk of being lost in the entire flow of posts. The only way now is to click on the question to see comments. Comments are important because it shows the flow of argumentation, how it evolves. 

Moving order of Topics

We created number of topics and added them to the navigation. As the time goes by we will insert new topics. New topics should be located under the first topic we created and it seems impossible to move them or to choose different order than by the time they were created. 

That is an issue for us as we already have content and users within the topics so we can't afford to delete and create new topics in the order we want. 

Could you enable function to change order of topics?

elmi bester
Memberships & Network

Will it be possible to show secret groups in the 'Groups' view for those who are members of that group - so that one would then see all open groups, private groups and your secret groups in one place, and not only on the side menu?

THIS FEATURE IS IN PRODUCTION PROCESS. 

If would be useful if I could delete topics directly from the topics section in the community settings.

Right now, if I need to delete a topic, I have to go to this topic's page, click on the "..." then click on delete => it's very time consuming when I need to delete many topics simultaneously.

THIS FEATURE IS IN PARTIALLY IMPLEMENTED. SOME ITEMS ARE STILL IN PRODUCTION PROCESS BY TRIBE TEAM. 

It would be useful if I could select a bot user during a session (maybe by clicking on the profile picture, and selecting one of my bot users in the dropdown).

It would enable me, as an admin, not only to post & answer as if I was this bot user, but also vote, like, follow, request answers... 

Right now, if I want to "like" a post instead of a bot user, I have to 

1. Logout from my account
  2. Login to the bot user account
  3. Like the post
  4. Logout from the bot user account
  5. Login to my account
hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

This item is added to Tribe roadmap.

In the Welcome Email, the ability to customize the text on the "Check Out The Community" button at the bottom of the mail. For example, to say "Check out the Forum" instead, or anything else the admin chooses.

This item is added to Tribe roadmap. 

Hi, we are looking for a simple feature development of 'See more' on a post. Exactly similar to your answers feature. We are using Tribe as a social community to our fitness users, and some users may write long posts in order to share a recipe/ their achievement etc. In such cases, our entire screen space gets used by that 1 post alone. (We have hosted tribe on our mobile app). This is a very common feature in all social media platforms these days. Would really appreciate if this can be taken up asap. Please let me know.

hamalrad
Admin hamalrad.com

Chrome push notifications!!!