It would be great to have some kind of folder system so i can easily share files in a folder system vs through topics and posts. would help with organizing things.
What feature(s) should be added on Tribe and why? What are your suggestions for us?
Where am I?
In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!
🚗SEO friendly URL is added to Tribe roadmap
Being an SEO expert for more than 6 years, you should use SEO friendly URL or clean URL. For example, this URL:
Should be something like:
This part of SEO is a lot more impactful than any other SEO boost app.
🚗Dark Mode is added to Tribe roadmap
We suggest you to add dark mode features on all community site. Dark theme is not just beautiful, but it is better for reducing eye strain in low light conditions.
🚗Scheduled Post is added to Tribe roadmap
It would be very useful if I could schedule posts. I would like to create content in advance and set a date and a time of publication for each post.
🎉Assign post to a Group is delivered by Tribe team.
Move a post to a group. Sometimes, some users don't post in the correct group and they do in the main feed. It would be great if admins could move the post to a group.
🎉Item 1, pining posts is delivered. You can learn more here34.
🎉Item 2, adding option to assign a posts to a topics at the time you are posting is delivered. Also, we have added the option to force members to pick the group and then post a content, so that all the contents should belong to a group. You can learn more here36.
🚗Item 3, adding answers to search results is on our roadmap
1. The ability to pin a post to the top of the home page & topics. This is important for example, if we want to host a AMA, feature specific posts, or make announcements (other than the main announcement).
2. People don't use topic tags. Instead of posting in the specific subtopic that is pertinent to their questions, they will post in just the main forum & they will not label their posts with the correct subtopic. Not sure what the best solution to this is.
3. It is hard to do searches because it doesn't show you a list of results like Google does. Either the keyword you are looking for is mentioned in a question, or it will not return search results. If you search for a term that is mentioned in an answer but not a question, it will not show any results.
🚗Feed View for "latest activities" is added to Tribe roadmap
Whenever someone replies to a discussion, this should bounce the topic to the top of the Feed.
🚗Scheduled Posts is added to Tribe roadmap
Feature to back date or future date posts as an admin. This is really useful for publishing old content on the community page that does not need to be so high up on everyone's feeds.
The future dating posts would allow admins to almost schedule posts in the future that would appear on the community then. Like scheduling posts instead of showing posts that are dated in the future now when the time has not passed yet.
🚗Description section for Question is added to Tribe roadmap
🎉 attaching image to a question is delivered by Tribe team
Rich edition in questions and the ability to attach an image to a questions
🎉This item is implemented by Tribe team.
It will be useful if one can select when you add content in the open feed, to post it to a specific group. Then one don't need to remember to first go to the group before you post.
Looking forward to the improved UI for tagging topics :)
🎉Show the number of comments under an answer is implemented. We show it on the bottom-right.
🚗Show the "comment" section on user profile page is added to Tribe roadmap.
I suggest a button at the bottom of each answer showing there are comments on that answer.
Also, your comments do not appear on your own profile page.
- Pin a post to topic – In addition to pinning posts to groups and to the main feed, it would be great if we could pin them to individual topics.
- Dismiss pinned posts – I feel like we shouldn't make more than one post that is pinned to the main feed as else the main feed is filled up with pinned posts. A great feature would be for a user to 'dismiss' a pinned post to not see it again once it's read.
- Direct URL Link to content type – We can link directly to a group or topic, but we cannot link to a group or topic that only shows "questions", for example. Instead the user has to pick the filter from the drop-down menu. It would be great if we could link directly to a group and have it filtered for certain post type. (In other words, if a user filters the content to only show 'questions' the browser URL should change.)
- Custom user list per topic and group – Instead of showing 'most reputable users' we would like to showcase custom (hand picked) list of users for each group and topic. This way we can feature topic experts or other very active users within a topic or group.
- Direct messages – At the moment users can link to their telegram for private conversation. It would be great if simple messaging function would be supported within the portal. Similar to how LinkedIn messaging works.
- Browse community member list – At the moment it is not possible to browse all registered members. It would be great to showcase them all on a page within the portal. In other words, a contact list. Would be great feature if combined with direct message feature.
- Custom Dashboard – a default landing page where we could place any type of content. Would work similar to how website builders work, where you can drag & drop different content types to build a page. Pick from the available modules and place them on the page to achieve the outcome and message you want to share. Could have latest news, list of online users, active topics, latest questions, custom images/banners, and other call to actions.
Bugs / Small Fixes – small things we noticed
- On registration username should not be accepted as a suitable password
- No 'confirm password' field on registration process
- THIS ITEM IS FIXED: If we rename "groups" to something else the 'groups' page still reads "My Groups"
- Rename "topics" to "tags" as that term is easier to understand and makes more sense for a user. Everyone understands what Twitter tags are.