An answer is a direct response to a question that sincerely provides the required information. A comment is different from an answer. If a comment would be appropriate as an answer to the question, then it should be an answer, not a comment.
A comment can be added to a question or an answer.
A comment on a question can be made when:
- Clarification about the meaning of the question is required.
- A suggestion or a personal thought about the question needs to be added.
- Suggesting other question pages that may be relevant.
A comment on an answer can be made when:
- Thanking or praising the answerer or disagreeing with the answer.
- Asking for clarification or suggesting ways to improve the answer.
All comments should not be:
Mean, insulting, or confrontational.