We highly recommend our customers to host their Tribe on their own domain. This would make sure the inbound traffic would come to their custom domain and increases the conversion rate.
Once you decide your custom domain, Tribe will setup the SSL certificate on your behalf to make it the platform accessible to users in a secure way.
Please read and follow the steps below:
1. Choose a custom domain name
Usually, businesses choose a subdomain for taking users to their community while others get a separate domain for their community and link it to their website. They do this to give more independence to their community.
But if you have selected to go with subdomain customers usually chose “community.” as the subdomain for their domain so their community address looks like community.yourdomain.com29. You can be creative in choosing the subdomain. Here are some examples:
- ask.yourdomain.com31: If you are using Tribe to answer questions from your community
- village.yourdomain.com31: To create a sense of community for users
- buzz.yourdomain.com31: To emphasize on the vibe of your community
- You can also choose your focus area as subdomain. So if you are focused on wellness go with wellness.yourdomain.com32.
2. Add CNAME record or update your DNS
If you are using the main domain as your community address, you need to set domains.tribe.so22 as your DNS record.
If you are hosting the community on your selected subdomain you would need to add a CNAME record and point it to domains.tribe.so22
You can find it in your domain or hosting panel under DNS setting.
3. Inform us so we can do the magic
Once you have done the above steps, please inform your account representative so we can get your community up and running on your address and install the SSL certificate.