Skip to main content
Eli Najafi , Community Manager at Tribe

You can connect your Telegram messenger to your Tribe community account very easily. This way, you can receive your community notification on your Telegram messenger. 

First, make sure you have installed Telegram App into your community. Please see this link showing how to install and app: How to install an app to my tribe community?7

Once you have installed Telegram messenger into your community, follow the 4 steps below to connect your personal Telegram messenger into your tribe community account:

1. When telegram messenger app is installed into your community, you will see a checklist under your profile picture. Click on "Connect Telegram" button:

1. Connecting my Telegram
1. Connecting my Telegram

2. You will see this message. Click on "Send Message" to activate your Telegram integration:

2. Connecting my Telegram
2. Connecting my Telegram

3. Click on "Start":

3. Connecting My Telegram 
3. Connecting My Telegram 

4. You will receive a message that confirms your Telegram is connected:

Confirmation Message for Telegram Connection
Confirmation Message for Telegram Connection

Now, if your click on your community profile picture, you will see the Telegram messenger icon under your picture. Also, admins can send private messages to the users via telegram by clicking on Telegram Messenger icon on users' account. Members cannot see your phone number, they are just able to send you a message by your telegram username.

My Telegram Is Connected To My Tribe Account
My Telegram Is Connected To My Tribe Account

You will receive your community notifications in your telegram when users follow you or your questions, up-vote your answers, post a comment under your answers, request an answer from you, etc. 

Receiving Notifications From Community in My Telegram Messenger
Receiving Notifications From Community in My Telegram Messenger

Also, you can use your messenger to actually activate in your tribe community, without even logging into your community. You can search for a content or post a question or an answer to your tribe community using a messenger. Please see the link below and watch the short video that shows how you can benefit from messenger integration on your tribe community:

How does Telegram messenger integrate with Tribe?9

View question