Skip to main content

How to add a bot user to my community?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Eli Najafi, Community Manager at Tribe

We are going to change the process of making "Bot" users to a simpler way, but for now, you can either ask us to add bots to your community or make it yourself. To create and add a bot to your community, please follow the steps below:

1. Logout from your current (Admin) account:

2. Sign up as a new member:

3. To provide the email, use the same email you are using as an admin and add "+number" before the @. This way, you do not need to make a new email for each bot. Then insert the password and the name of your bot:

4. You will be logged in as a new member. Go to the profile to make the changes:

5. Edit the profile of the bot:

6. Make sure you change the username and replace it with something that matches with the bot's name. Upload the profile picture for the bot and add a title to give it a character. Save the changes. Now you have a real account, but you want to make it a bot:

7. Login with your real admin account and go to the Admin Panel:

8. Go to the Detailed Reports:

9. Click on the Users to see all the users in your community:

10. Click on creation to find the latest created users, and click on the account you just made:

11. Edit user's profile:

12. Change the role from member to "Bot" and save the changes. Now the account you made is a bot and it is available after you refresh the page: 

13. Once an account is a bot, you will see this sign right next to its' username: