Skip to main content

How to add a bot user to my community?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Eli Najafi , Community Manager at Tribe

We are going to change the process of making "Bot" users to a simpler way, but for now, you can follow the steps below to add a bot account to your community:

1. Logout from your current (Admin) account:
1. Logout from your current (Admin) account:
2. Sign up as a new member
2. Sign up as a new member

To provide the email, use the same email you are using as an admin and add "+number" before the @. For example, my admin email is (eli@tribe.so5) and when I want to create fake account, I use these emails (eli+1@tribe.so5), (eli+2@tribe.so4), (eli+3@tribe.so5),... for each fake account.

This way, you do not need to make a new real email address for each bot. You are using your own email address but system recognizes each email with a number added to it as a new email address. Please make sure you are using each number once. Then insert the password and the fake name of the bot account:

How to add a bot user to my community?

3. You will be logged in as a new member. Logout from this fake account and sign-up with a new email (as explained above) to create all your fake accounts one by one. 

4. Once you have created all your account, now you need to change the role of the accounts from "member" to "Bot". To do this, log-in with your admin account, go to the admin panel, click on the "Members" from the left menu, and now you see a list of your community members (including the fake accounts you just have created). Click on the (:) button in front of each fake account list and click on "edit". 

You will see a page like the picture below. Now you can change the username, picture, title of the fake account (You can find fake names and pictures from this website https://randomuser.me/11). Change the role from "Member" to "Bot" and save the changes. Now you have your bot account ready to use:

4. Change the role from "Member" to "Bot"
4. Change the role from "Member" to "Bot"

Refresh your home page, and now, when you want to like a post or post a content, you see a small dropdown sign next to your profile picture. Click on it and choose the bot account that you want to use for your activity. 

Use a Bot to Answer a Question