Skip to main content
Adrian Garcia
Digital Marketing Expert
Asked a question recently

How to set Portal Policies and Portal Links for my community?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Only admins and community managers can define or edit the portal policies or terms of use. Follow the steps below to setup policies for your community:

1. Admin Panel

2. Portal Settings> Portal links> Insert the links> Save changes.

These links will be accessible on your community home page: 

Access: 

• Public: If the access is public, anyone can see the content, even if they are not registered or logged in. But, if they want to interact with the community, they would need to sign up.
  • Private: In private access, contents are not available for not logged-in users, and the community home page lands on the login/sign up page. So unless the user signs up, they can not access any of the contents.

• Public: If the registration is Public, anyone can sign up and join the community.
  • Approval: This means users won't join the community right after they sign up. They will have to wait until the registration/membership is approved by the community manager(s).
  • Invitation: This eliminates the sign-up form and there will be only the login page. In this registration mode, users who are invited by the community manager will receive a personal link to complete their registration.