Skip to main content
Eli Najafi , Community Manager at Tribe

Yes. Tribe community makes it possible to reach out to the community members privately in 2 different ways:

1. Admins can start a private chat with their users if the user has connected his/her Telegram, Fb Messenger, etc. In order to enable this feature for all your community members, you need to install a messenger app (Telegram, Fb Messenger,...) into your community:

How to install an app to my tribe community?23

Once the messenger app is installed, members of your community have the opportunity to either connect their messengers to their community accounts or not (some people don't like to share their direct contact info):

How to connect my Telegram to my Tribe account?19

When a user connects his/her messenger, the messenger's icon will be displayed on the user's account, meaning that this user is available by this messenger. Admins can see this icon and send private messages to that user by clicking on this icon. In the example below, the user has connected her Telegram messenger to her tribe community account, and I, as an admin, can see the icon on her profile page:

My Telegram Is Connected To My Tribe Account

By clicking on this icon, I can start chatting with the user privately in Telegram. 

Our system is designed in a way that not all users can easily reach out to you privately, we protect your privacy and with our solution you can choose either you want to share your direct messaging info or not. 

2. Community members can contact other members or community admins privately, if the person approves to receive the message. If you want the community members to be able to contact you privately, you have the option to share your contact info and social media info on your community profile account. These information are accessible publicly to all community member. To add your contact info, go to your Profile> Edit Profile> Social Media. 

Add your social media information, like Telegram ID, Fb Messenger ID, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Please do not forget to save the changes, after you add your social media info into your account.

If you are a community manager, you can add more to this list (it is customizable). These customizations are available for our premium and enterprise customers. Please contact us to request the changes: eli@tribe.so10 

Can users send private messages in Tribe communities?
Can users send private messages in Tribe communities?

Coming Feature:

We have this on our roadmap to make it possible for the community members to send each other private messages. We will share more details once we are close to the date to release this feature. 

View question