Tribe's SEO app allows you to configure advanced settings for your community and precisely control how search engine bot index your pages.
You can install the SEO app by accessing 'Apps' in your admin panel. Once enabled, here is what you can do:
1. Ability to add `noindex` meta tag to the community if you don't want it to appear on search engines. This is useful when your community is live, but not yet open for public or you are simply building a completely private community.
2. Control the pages that would be indexed by search engines with robots.txt file. The example below shows that the community has disallowed search engines from indexing user profile data.
You can learn more about robots.txt file here - https://moz.com/learn/seo/robotstxt2.
3. Update the `sitemap` of your community site which would help search engines discover the web pages efficiently.
4. Make granular changes to any content in your community. If SEO app is enabled and you click on 'edit' for any post or question, you would see 'Advanced SEO settings' under 'Show Admin Tools'.
This gives you the following options:
- Add Open Graph image. Learn more about OG tags here - https://neilpatel.com/blog/open-graph-meta-tags/1.
- Edit the default `meta title` and `meta description`.
- Add `non-index` tag. This is useful when your community is public and discoverable by search engines, but you would like to selectively hide some posts from the search bots.
We're currently working on further improving the SEO app to give you more control over how search engines interact and index pages. Stay tuned for the update!