Please be advised that "Groups" app is only available for Tribe's premium and enterprise customers.
1. In order to create groups, community admins first need to install the "Groups" app into the community: How to install an app. 38
2. When you are installing the Groups app, it asks you to pick a name for it. The default name is "Groups" but you can change it to "Channels", "Rooms", "Cities", or anything else that matches your use-case. It also asks you who can create a group inside your community: Only Admins, Moderators, or all Members.
3. Once the "Groups" app is installed, you can create a new group using the [+] sign on the top-right of the home-page:
4. Now, you can define a name, description, upload profile picture, upload banner picture, define the privacy of group (public/private/secret), define the notification for groups by clicking on the checkbox, and click on the create button.
Public groups are accessible for all community members, and anyone from the community can join the community anytime. Public groups get displayed in the group list in the "all groups" tab.
But, if a community members wants to join a private community, he/she sends a request to join and the group admin can either accept or reject the requests. Private groups contents are only available for their group members. Private groups get displayed in the group list in the "all groups" tab.
Secrete groups are like private groups, with this difference that non-members are not able to see a secret group in the list of the groups in the "all groups" tab. The only way to become a member of a secrete group is through the invitation that admin sends to the community members.26
If you do not have a banner picture, you can use the "Color" section to add a simple color in the banner area. You can either type down the name of the color "e.g. Green" or add the color code with the # sign before it (e.g. #231056).
5. If you are an admin, you can edit a group's name, picture, description, etc. Go to the group page> click on the [...] button> Edit> make the changes and click on Save.
6. To delete a group, go to the group page, click on the (...) button on top right, next to the "Moderate", then click on the "delete group". Please be advised that by deleting a group all the contents and information inside that group will be deleted as well.
7. Once you have you groups created, you can go to the "Group App" setting and define the default groups, where you want all your community members automatically be a part of. Learn more here16.