Skip to main content
Question
Feed
Asked a question 3 months ago

Can I have a part of my community 'open' to the public, and the rest 'closed' for signed-in members only?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Eli Tribe TEAM
Community Success Manager at Tribe

Hi @Ryan Soper-Powell13. Good question. The answer is No, but Yes. Check out mu answer and you will see the option you have:

1.1. If you change the "access" to your community to be "public" therefore the content will be available for everyone. But, only logged-in users can do an activity, like posting/liking/following, in your community. 

1.2. If your community access is "Public", you can use the "sign-up wall" app, which shows the first few lines of the content and to read the rest, it asks the user to register. 

2. If you change the "access" to your community to be "private" therefore the content will be available for your registered users only. Non-logged in users cannot see any content of your community. 

Now, you have two options to achieve your goal: 

•  Use the "signup wall23" app
  • Create a "public" community and then create some "private groups21" inside your community. Only members of those private communities can see the content posted in the private community. The contents which are posted int he main feed and not in the private group, everyone has access to it. Here20, you can learn more about how the home feed gets generated. 
Ryan Soper-Powell
Very clear, thanks Eli
Marty Bhoy
Hi Eli , I will add my "terms of use" and "privacy policy" as posts in my community (which I will the archive to hide from main feed). How is it possible for potential members who are not yet registered able to see these policies and agree with them without being a member already?