Skip to main content
Question
How To
AmitTheFrog
I am AmitTheFrog.
Asked a question 2 months ago

Is there a way where we can add a splash screen/loading screen to the community?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Siavash
Co-founder at Tribe

Hi @AmitTheFrog2,

This is a great idea. I want to better understand your feedback. Which one are you referring to?

1. Show a customizable splash screen while we're loading the javascript files. Something similar to what Slack does while it's loading the messages. For loading the content of the page, at this time we're using Server-side rendering (SSR) to make sure everything is SEO friendly. But we can definitely do this while the JavaScript files are being loaded. We need to just figure out if this can have negative impact on SEO since we'll be covering the page with a loading splash screen.
  2. Showing a customizable splash screen while switching the pages. At this point we heavily use loading placeholders instead of showing a splash screen while you move from one page to another. We believe this is a more natural way of handling loading instead of blocking the whole screen. What are your thoughts?
  3. Showing a splash screen while loading the Progressive Web App (PWA). Some users install the community as a PWA on their phone by adding it to their home screen. We can provide an image on the load time of the PWA. We're going to release this feature as part of our PWA Tribe app. In the PWA app admins will be able to set a custom icon for their PWA app, as well as the header color, and splash screen image.

Please let us know which one of above you're referring to. Thanks.

AmitTheFrog
I'd say #2 would be better. It would be nice if community admin can pick between a splash screen or just a placeholder. The splash screen should be customizable with a custom logo and custom text, thank your for replying to my feedback regarding splash screens.