Thanks for your question. To launch your community successfully, you need to review our "Community Launch Checklist39".
However, because of the nature of the online communities, the to-do list would be different based on the use-case, community goals, metrics, type of users, type of business,...
Anyone is looking to get something out of it which might be different from what others are looking for. However, here, I am going to provide your with the general steps you need to take to have a "ready-to-launch" community:
- Move23 Community under your own domain or sub-domain
- Set the "Access19" and "Registration19" policies.
- Install the "Must-Have" apps. The recommended list to review is Sendgrid17, Moderation18, Group15, Analytics22, ... To see the full list of the apps available on your plan, click on the Admin Panel> from left-side menu go to App. To find our the use-case for each app, search for the app name in this community to find the detailed explanations.
- Set the notification27 for the community.
- Set the "Structure" for the community. When we talk about the structure, we are talking about the Content types20, Topics, and Groups19.
- Add beta users to test the platform for you and gather the feedback before your public launch.
- Figure the integration using API, Firebase app, Webhooks, Zapier, ..
- Launch the community for end users and keep them engaged in the community. This link23 can be helpful.