The Intercom integration is one of the most powerful integrations you can run on Tribe Community Platform.
Intercom is a solution for customer communication that comes with a suite of integrated apps for different teams such as sales, marketing, product, and support. These apps can help you run targeted communication in your community via email and the embedded messenger.
In a nutshell, Intercom integration with Tribe's community solution directly allows you to sync the contacts with CRM app, engage with members in real time, run targeted messaging via emails and execute campaigns directly inside the community based on member cohorts or segments.
These member segments can be created based on the members' activities and properties34 in your community.
Follow the steps outlined here to integrate Intercom with Tribe:
1. Access the admin panel from the top-right section.
2. Access 'Apps' section from the left navigation.
3. Now, you need to simply click on install button for Intercom app.
Once installed, you need to enter certain mandatory details and select configurations based on your needs. Check out the following to learn more:
4. Copy the app id46 (workspace id) from your Intercom account and paste it in Tribe's Intercom app integration settings page.
5. The next selection is 'Send members' name to Intercom'. Select this if you would like to send the members' name saved in the community to Intercom contacts.
6. If you would like to use the member data stored in your community as the source of truth, then select the check box for using Tribe User ID as Intercom identifier.
7. The next selection allows you to show the Intercom messenger icon inside your community.
8. Finally if you would like to send the member activity34 in you community and their attributes to Intercom, you need to get the access token from Intercom.
Follow the steps given below to get the 'Access token':
a) Sign up for a developer account67 on Intercom.
b) Click on 'New app'.
c) Enter 'App name' along with 'Workspace name' for your own reference.
d) Once the app is created, you would be able to get the 'Access token' from the 'Authentication' section.
Tribal tip: It is a good practice to add prefix for the user properties and events to draw clear distinction between the community events and the events in your app or website. You can do this inside the 'General settings' section of Tribe's Intercom app.