Skip to main content
Asked a question 2 months ago

How can my users access my community via mobile phone? Is there any mobile app they need to download or they have to open it via a browser on the phone?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Eli Tribe TEAM
Customer Support Manager at Tribe

Hi Dan, 

Currently, Tribe does not offer a native mobile application. We have a plan to release Tribe native phone app by the end of 2021. There is no specific timeline assigned to this task yet. We will share more details in the future. 

However, Tribe is fully mobile responsive. It perfectly works on mobile devices if you open it in the browser. 

If you already have a mobile app, you can embed Tribe into your existing phone application. How? You can use Tribe Widgets19 or API9 to implement different parts of the community like the homepage, topic page, notification section, etc to your mobile app. 

Also, if you have your own phone app already, you can use the Firebase app (10Enterprise only) to send the "push notifications" to mobile devices. The firebase app works for both iOS and Android.  

Here is a case study on how a marketplace company embedded Tribe into its mobile app.
https://tribe.so/casestudy-deinetierwelt20

If you have questions, please leave us a comment under this answer. 

Flip Nolen
Volunteer at Sober in the Country

Tribe is web optimised so via a browser.

There’s no mobile app and no app planned from what I understand.

Just be careful it you’re on an iPhone and save the page onto your Home screen - the navigation bar on the browser goes missing 🤷🏻‍♀️