Let's start with the most basic question.
What is Digital Analytics?
Digital analytics is a tool used by organizations for collecting, measuring, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data. The data is then used to enhance and modify current business operations in order to provide a better online experience. Through digital analytics, companies obtain an insight into the areas where they need improvement. Digital analytics helps companies to provide a better online experience to its clients as well as potential customers, which gradually results in the achievement of desired goals.
Now, depending on your use case, you can choose between Google Analytics and Amplitude. Listed below are some of the key features of Amplitude and Google Analytics respectively.
Some of the features offered by Amplitude are:
- Real-time user analytics, including funnels, retention, flexible user segmentation, and revenue analysis.
- Microscope: Explore the user behaviour behind any data point. Compare the behaviour of engaged vs. churned users.
- Growth Discovery Engine: Identify behaviours that are predictive of retention or conversion and drive explosive user growth.
On the other hand, Google Analytics provides the following key features:
- Analysis Tools- Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks.
- Content Analytics- Content reports help you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
- Social Analytics- The web is a social place and Google Analytics measures the success of your social media programs. You can analyze how visitors interact with sharing features on your site (like the Google +1 button) and engage with your content across social platforms.
Here's the comparison based on some key points.
- Amplitude lets you customize the view however Google Analytics will choose the view for you.
- Amplitude has built-in guidance tool that teaches you how to view data while you're using it hence easy to use however with Google Analytics you are expected to read their detailed documentation.
To sum it up, based on your needs, you will find good features on both platforms. You can absolutely use both Google Analytics and Amplitude which is something that we do as well.
Hope this information was useful.