You can let your community users sign up or login quickly and securely using their Facebook accounts. In order to have this enabled in your community, you first need to install the social login app338.
You will need to generate an App ID and App Secret in Facebook Developers and then copy these keys into your Tribe App Settings to enable the connection. The following steps guide you through activating Facebook Social Login on your community:
At Facebook Developers:
- Go to Facebook for Developers1,525. Make sure to login with a valid Facebook account.
- On the top right, click on My Apps and then click on Create new App.
- Select 'Manage Business Integrations' from the list under 'What do you need your app to do?'
- A form will pop up. Add your community or brand name as Display Name and update your Contact Email if required. Depending on the purpose, you can either select App Purpose as Yourself or Clients. Then press on Create App ID button. You will be prompted to a new page.
- Complete Security Verification on the next page.
- In the App Dashboard29, choose your app and scroll to Add a Product.
- Click Set Up in the Facebook Login card. Select Settings(Under Product--> Facebook login) in the left side navigation panel and under Client OAuth Settings, enter your redirect URL in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field for successful authorization.
- Fill in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field by entering the URL of your community address appended with “/auth/facebook/callback”.
For example “https://community.yourdomain.com/auth/facebook/callback”612
- Click on Save Changes.
- On the left sidebar menu click on Advanced under Settings.
- Navigate to Domain Manager and click on Add a Domain.
- Fill in the [Enter a URL] field by entering your community URL as well as your community Domain. For example, if your community's address is https://cjs-test.tribe.so/7, you will need to add "https://cjs-test.tribe.so/7" as well as "https://tribe.so/7" in 2 separate entries.
- Select [Exact Match] and click on Apply.
- On the left sidebar menu click on Basic under Settings.
- App Domain URL will be your Community URL as well as your Community Domain. For example, if your community's address is https://cjs-test.tribe.so/7, you will need to add "https://cjs-test.tribe.so/7" as well as "https://tribe.so/7".
- Go to the bottom of the page, click on Add Platform and Under Website section, and add your community address (e.g. https://community.yourdomain.com84) to the Site URL field and then click on the Save Changes button.
- Copy the App ID and App Secret to your clipboard, as you will need to enter them into your app setting in the next steps.
At Tribe Admin Panel:
- In order to activate Facebook Login, you need to have the Social Login App installed on your community338.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right and go to Admin Panel.
- Click on Social Login under App Settings. If you don't see that, it means you don't have the social login app installed on your community.
- Check Login with Facebook option. You will then need to enter the App ID and App Secret provided in Facebook Developers into their respective fields.
- Click on Update.
Here's a step by step process:-