You can let your community users sign up or login quickly and securely using their Facebook accounts. In order to have this enabled in your community, you first need to install the social login app258.
You will need to generate a App ID and App Secret in Facebook Developers and then copy these keys into your Tribe App Settings to enable the connection. The following steps guide you through activating Facebook Social Login on your community:
At Facebook Developers:
- Go to Facebook for Developers1,162. Make sure to login with a valid Facebook account.
- On the top right, click on My Apps and then click on Add New App.
- A form will pop up. Add your community or brand name as Display Name and update your Contact Email if required. Then press on navy Create App ID button. You will be prompted to a new page.
- Select Integrate Facebook Login scenario and click on Confirm.
- Go to Settings under Facebook Login in Products section.
- Fill in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field by entering the URL of your community address appended with “/auth/facebook/callback”.
Please make sure to add the URL with both http and https. For example: “https://community.yourdomain.com/auth/facebook/callback”501 AND "http://community.yourdomain.com/auth/facebook/callback123"
- Click on Save Changes.
- On the left sidebar menu click on Advanced under Settings.
- Navigate to Domain Manager and click on Add a Domain.
- Fill in the [Enter a URL] field by entering your community domain. For example: "https://community.yourdomain.com/35"
- Select [Exact Match] and click on Apply .
- On the left sidebar menu click on Basic under Settings.
- Go to the bottom of the page, Under Website section, and add your community address (e.g. https://community.yourdomain.com72) to Site URL field and then click on Save Changes button.
- Copy the App ID and App Secret to your clipboard, as you will need to enter them into your app setting in the next steps.
- On the top of the page, turn On the button next to Status to make your app public. You would need to select a category for your app.
At Tribe Admin Panel:
- In order to activate Facebook Login, you need to have the Social Login App installed on your community258.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right and go to Admin Panel.
- Click on Social Login under App Settings. If you don't see that, it means you don't have the social login app installed on your community.
- Check Login with Facebook option. You will then need to enter the App ID and App Secret provided in Facebook Developers into their respective fields.
- Click on Update.