You can let your community users sign up or login quickly and securely using their Google accounts. In order to have this enabled in your community, you first need to install the social login app371.
You will need to generate a Client ID and Client Secret in Google Console and then copy these keys into your Tribe App Settings to enable the connection. The following steps guide you through activating Google Social Login on your community:
At Google Console:
- Open the Google API Console Credentials page2,969.
- Click on OAuth consent on the left side and click on "Create Project" on the top right side.
- Under Project Name, please enter the desired name and select your Organization under Organization Name.
- As soon as the project is created, depending on your requirements, select Internal or External User type.
- Under Application Name, please enter the desired name(such as Tribe) and add 'email', 'profile' and 'openid' under Scope for Google API's (Should be added by default.)
- Under Authorized domains, add "tribe.so46" and hit Save.
- Then, click on Credentials--> Create credentials, then select OAuth client ID.
- Select Web Application for the Application Type and enter the community name in the Name field.
- In Authorized Redirect URIs section, enter the URL of your community address appended with “/auth/google/callback” under ADD URI . Please make sure to add the URL with both http and https. For example: “ https://community.yourdomain.com/auth/google/callback ” AND " http://community.yourdomain.com/auth/google/callback "
- Click Create.
- From the Dialog Box, copy the client ID and client secret to your clipboard, as you will need to enter them into your app setting in the next steps.
- Next you need to enable Google+ API by going here503. Click on "Select your project" dropdown in the header and pick the project you've created. Then click on Enable.
At Tribe Admin Panel:
- In order to activate Google Login, you need to have the Social Login App installed on your community371.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right and go to Admin Panel.
- Click on Social Login under App Settings. If you don't see that, it means you don't have the social login app installed on your community.
- Check Login with Google option. You will then need to enter the Client ID and Client Secret provided in Google Console in their respective fields.
- Click on Update.