You can let your community users sign up or login quickly and securely using their LinkedIn accounts. In order to have this enabled in your community, you first need to install the social login app178.
You will need to generate a Client ID and Client Secret in LinkedIn Developer Portal and then copy these keys into your Tribe App Settings to enable the connection. The following steps guide you through activating LinkedIn Social Login on your community:
At LinkedIn Developer Portal:
- Open LinkedIn Developer portal954, and click My Apps. You should be logged in using a valid LinkedIn account.
- Click on the blue Create App button on the top right.
- Enter your Company Name. Enter your community as Application Name and fill in the Application Description.
- Upload an Application Logo and select the most relevant Application Use.
- Fill in the Website URL with your community address. (e.g. https://community.yourdomain.com71 or https://yourcommunity.tribe.so75)
- Enter your Business Email and Business Phone and click on Submit.
- Fill in the Authorized Redirect URLs field by entering the URL of your community address appended with “/auth/linkedin/callback”. For example: https://community.yourdomain.com/auth/linkedin/callback93
- Click Update.
- On the top of the page, copy the client ID and client secret to your clipboard, as you will need to enter them into your app setting in the next steps.
- Lastly, please navigate to Products in the LinkedIn Developer Console and select Sign in with LinkedIn.
The verification process takes a few moments and then r_emailaddress and r_liteprofile should appear under your permissions.
At Tribe Admin Panel:
- In order to activate LinkedIn Login, you need to have the Social Login App installed on your community178.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right and go to Admin Panel.
- Click on Social Login under App Settings. If you don't see that, it means you don't have the social login app installed on your community.
- Check Login with LinkedIn option. You will then need to enter the Client ID and Client Secret provided in LinkedIn Developer Portal in their respective fields.
- Click on Update.