Skip to main content
Ask a Question
Tribe 2.0
Joe Workman
Founder, Weaver's Space
Asked a question 2 months ago

I had planned on migrating my existing community to Tribe by the end of the year. However, I have discovered that Tribe 2.0 is expected in Q1 2021. I was wondering if it would be smarter for me to delay until that ships.

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Ari DiamondTribe Team
Director of Customer Success

Hi @Joe Workman3 

That is a fantastic question!

I would say it depends on your immediate needs.  While Tribe v2 (2.0) is going to be a much stronger, more scaleable platform, it is still currently "in development" with a "goal" of launching in Q1 2021.  

The advantage would be that you can migrate now and it will not hold you up ahead of v2.  We fully intend on providing some sleek migration tools to move your community from Tribe "v1" to Tribe "v2".  So I guess it depends on how urgent your needs are.  The disadvantage might be that perhaps going through two migrations if you don't need to might help you avoid some potential additional work (1. Migrating your existing community to Tribe v1 and then 2. Migrating from v1 to v2).  I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here, but hopefully my answer provides some additional insight to help you with a decision.