Hi Mark. You can always check the logs of the outgoing emails from your Tribe in the admin dashboard. Below is how to do it.
1. You can check the status of the emails from Admin Panel> Members from left-side menu> Invited Users from top-menu> click on Email Activity Log on the top-right, and you should see the status of all the emails send from the community (including notifications and invitations):
2. To better email delivery and to prevent your community emails from ending up in spam, we recommend our customer to install the Sendgrid app54. There are two ways for installing the Sendgrid: Username and Password, or API Key. The API key is safer so we recommend using this method in the app settings.
Now, if the Sendgrid app is enabled, it means that you have created an account on Sendgrid.
3. If you are on Sendgrid Free Plan, your Sendgrid plan does not include the API Key. Therefore, you need to try the Username and Password authentication method to enable the app inside tribe.
If you you are on Sendgrid free plan and you use the API Key as authentication method inside your community, you can see in the Email Activity Log (explained in #1) that the status of the emails are Forbidden:
4. If you are on Sendgrid Paid plan (check the pricing here87), then you can use the API Key as your authentication method inside Tribe. You can either create API Key with Full Access or Restricted Access.
4.1. Now, to create an API with Full Access, you need to log in to your Sendgrid account> click in Settings from the left-side menu> click on API Keys> add API Key Name (can be anything)> click on Full Access> Create & View:
Then, you will see your API Key. Copy and paste the API Key in your Sendgrid app setting inside the community as explained here54.
4.2. The other way to generate the API Key is with Restricted Access. To create an API Key with Restricted Access, you need to log in to your Sendgrid account> click in Settings from the left-side menu> click on API Keys> add API Key Name (can be anything)> click on Restricted Access> then make sure the settings are as displayed below:
Now, again, you will have the API Key displayed for you. Copy and paste the API Key in your Sendgrid app setting inside the community as explained here54.
5. If you are using the Restricted access but you do not turn on the settings as displayed in the picture above, you will see that when there is an email send from your community, the Email Activity Log shows the Unauthorized Error Message: