Skip to main content
Jeanne
Asked a question 7 months ago

I'm not receiving some notification emails and invitation emails. Can we check in the app if the emails are being sent out?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi Jeanne!

Great question and perfect timing as well! However, first, you need to make sure that you are allowing your community to send (digest and notifications+important email). Please make the changes as explained here36

Also, we just added a new feature in Tribe where you can see all outgoing email status of your community. Whether it's a notification from activity within a post or an email invitation to register to join the community, you will see the status of it in your platform. 

What this does is, it shows you if a certain email/notification was sent out and what is the status of it (successful or not). Awesome, right? You can view this by going to Admin Panel > Members > Invited Users > Email Activity Logs.

I'm not receiving some notification emails and invitation emails. Can we check in the app if the emails are being sent out?

You will see the status of the email, what email address it has been sent to, and the data. With this, you can check whether there's an error or if the email wasn't really sent.

If the status of the email is "successful", it means that the email is sent our from the Tribe servers successfully. In this case, if the user still is not receiving the email, you need to ask them to check their spam. How make sure the emails do not end up in spam? 28

If the status of the email is "Forbidden" or "Unauthorized", then please check this article23 to find the reasons. 

If you have the SendGrid app installed, and the status of the email form the community is "Successful", you can check any potential issue by logging to your SendGrid account, click on "activities" on the left menu, search for the email address of the user has difficulty receiving emails, and see the full list of the email being sent from Tribe servers to your SendGrid and the status of SendGrid delivering the email to the user. 

If you have not enabled the SendGrid app on your community, please contact our support team and provide us with the email address of the user who has difficulty receiving an email. We can check it for you form Tribe SendGrid. Please be advised that if you have installed the SendGrid app on your community while you were sending the email, we CANNOT check the logs from the Tribe side and you need to check it form your own SendGrid account.