I was able to set up a simple workflow for a personal project to charge community membership fee with Stripe and Tribe via Zapier integration. Happy to share the details!
Here is the outline of how the whole process works:
- Create your private community with Tribe and keep the registration option as 'invite only'.
- Create Stripe account and activate the same
- Add product in the Stripe account to configure the pricing
- Create the subscription button with Stripe Checkout104
- Insert the code into the website to show the subscription button
- Set up the Zapier integration to add members to the community when new customers get created after successful subscription
Check out the following to explore the set up process in greater details:
1. Open up the 'Admin Panel' of your community and set the accessibility to private. Select invite only registration option.
2. Create your Stripe21 account.
3. Now you need to activate your Stripe account by submitting the details of your business.
4. Create product77 in your Stripe account by adding your membership product name, label, and the bank statement descriptor.
5. In the next step, enter the pricing plan. In this case, the pricing plan is set up for 20 USD per seat per month.
You can create multiple pricing plans as well if you're looking to create memberships based on different pricing tiers.
6. Add the domain name of the website where Stripe Checkout transaction will be handled. This is available in Settings > Checkout settings.
7. Now click on the product77. In this case, the product is 'Community Membership'.
8. Click on 'Use with Checkout'.
9. Copy the code snippet that will create a button for subscription.
10. This code snippet needs to be inserted into a web page. This will generate a button such as the one shown below.
This can also be placed under a pricing table or any other landing page (you can create one using Webflow).
11. Now open up your Zapier account and click on 'Make a Zap'.
12. Choose Stripe app and select 'New customer' as trigger event.
13. Choose your Stripe account by adding the API key which is available in the Stripe account ('Get your live API keys').
14. Pick a sample customer data fetched by Zapier from your Stripe account.
15. Click 'Test and Continue' to move to the next stage of the Zapier integration, i.e., the action event part.
16. Select 'Tribe' app and action event as 'Invite Member'.
17. Choose your Tribe account by adding Domain, client id and client secret.
Access these details from Admin Panel of your community. Click on 'Apps' and then 'Zapier app'.
18. In the next step (Customize User) of the Zapier integration, add 'Name' and 'Email'. Select the role as 'Member'.
Note that users will be able to modify their name after logging into the community.
19. Finally test the Zap and turn it on.
20. Now is the time to test the whole set up.
When a prospective member clicks on the button as shown above, the page will redirect to a payment collection gateway hosted on Stripe. This means that Stripe will collect payment, store the card details, and ensure that the transaction is secure.
21. Once the transaction gets completed successfully, the member would be redirected to a success page that is shown in 'Step 8'.
22. The member would receive an invitation to join your community on the email address submitted during payment.
23. Your new member needs to click on 'Join Now' to sign up for your community.
This completes the membership subscription set up via Tribe with Zapier and Stripe.