Here are some of the data insights I would find most valuable:
- New user click path: I'm trying to craft a clear, easy onboarding experience for new users. However, the most important data is where the users actually go when they join. I want to see if they actually visit my onboarding posts right away or, if not, what grabs their attention first. So, I'd like to see the click paths of new users
- Click paths of returning users.
- Length of session and where they spent the most time. Basically, if one group or topic is especially popular among users, I'd like to see that so I can learn what users want, even when they don't tell me directly.
- Conversion: I'd love to see which pieces of content users visit as the last step before they click to upgrade their membership. I'm using a link in the descriptions of subgroups to allow them to purchase access to various subgroups and I'd like to understand what led them to that decision.
- Bounce rates in various topics and groups so that I can see what content is NOT appealing to users.
I haven't yet added Google Analytics to my site, because I'm still setting up. But, once I do, these 👆 will be the data insights I'll be tracking.