Customers

Back to Show & Tell

Flip

Show & Tell

Team member at Sober in the Country2 months ago

Share Your Use Case

USE CASE: Sober in the Country, Australia

Hi everyone!

Here's a bit of a background on Sober in the Country (SITC).

We are an independent not-for-profit charity leading change to the dialogue around booze in the bush (rural, regional and remote Australia) through our #OK2SAYNO campaign & via advocacy, social impact and our rural members only peer support group.

Read more about us on our website:

There are only two of us running the charity and we launched as an official charity on October 11, 2019.

Just the day-to-day administration keeps us busy enough!

We have a strong presence on social media but needed a space for our members to engage in peer support in a safe and private platform.

Initially we had a private Facebook group we started in June 2018 which had around 600 members who were actively supporting each other in their goal of either quitting or cutting down alcohol.

As the group grew, it became clear members were becoming increasingly uncomfortable posting in the group for fear of being "outed" as an alcoholic because they were using their actual names on Facebook and lived in rural locations.

After spending months and months researching different options, our mate @Mike at Pipedrive mentioned Tribe in a Slack channel and the rest is history.

Our private community is called the Bush Tribe and launched late last year.

We currently have nearly 300 active members and we are struggling (like most here) with the stickiness of Facebook, slow performance, bugs and glitches, no push notifications etc.

Our CEO has wanted to re-open the Facebook group a couple of times now (she gets very frustrated and impatient when it comes to technology that isn't working how it should be 🙄 🤦‍♀️ ) but I'm pushing back hard to avoid this because I truly believe Tribe is the better platform for our community.

On that note, I want to thank each and every person working hard on Tribe 2.0 and we are with you all the way; that's why we are in this space.

Thanks for taking the time to read this 😊 and I hope it's given you a bit more of an insight into what we do and how we use Tribe as part of our charity.

Flip

Alexa Kempton

Community Manager @ Tribe2 months ago

Wow!! Thanks for sharing your community's story, @Flip ! Tribe is honored to be working with an organization that's on this mission. I'm so glad Sober in the Country has found ...

See more

3 reply

Great introduction, amazing cause, and we are glad that Tribe is part of it. Good luck 🤞🤞🤞

2 reply

Fundamental cause. I am happy to hear that Tribe is contributing; thanks for sharing it here with us all.

1 reply

Awesome! Well done! Glad to meet some Aussie friends!

2 reply