You can make an integration between your tribe community and Facebook Messenger. This way, all your members will be able to receive their community notifications on their Fb Messenger.
However, you may find this process complicated, but Facebook company only approves this process to integrate with any services. For our customers convenience, if you are not able to do it yourself, we can take care of the settings for you (the settings which are mentioned in below).
Anyhow, you need to consider that your integrations needs to be approved by Fb, and it may take a few days (this is from Fb side and Tribe cannot speed up this process).
Incase you want us to do the setting for you, still you need to check the alert section in your Fb App, at developers.facebook.com1 to provide the Fb company with the potential informations from your business (which we do not have access to).
To make the integration, you first need to do some setting in your Facebook app and in your community as well:
1. Go to your Facebook apps at developers.facebook.com1> Click on My Apps to create an app bot> Choose an existing app or click on Add New App> Choose a name for your Fc bot> Insert your email> and Submit.
2. Log in to your Tribe community> Admin Panel> Apps> Install Facebook Messenger. You will see this message to install the messenger app:
You need to insert Page Username, Access Token, App Secret, and Verify Token:
2.1. To find the App secret, go to developers.facebook.com1> Settings> Basic> App Secret (click on show to see it, and copy and paste).
2.2. To find the Access Token, go to Dashboard> Set up Messenger> Setting under Products> select a page or create a new business page> Answer the Questions> Now your Access Token should be available.
2.3. Type down the page username> this is the same username for your Fb, as you use the URL of facebook.com/USERNAME/ it should direct you to the Facebook page of that username.
2.4. Verify Token is the password that you will define. Remember the password you are using.
Enable and Save the changes.
3. Go to developers.facebook.com1> Settings under Products section> Scroll down to Webhooks> Setup Webhook> Insert Callback URL (the first part of your community url, for example: technology.trobe.so followed by /api/v1/app/messenger)
Verify token is the password you have chosen in your community.
Verify and Save the changes, wait for a few second and you will see this message:
4. Scroll down to Webhooks section, and select a page to subscribed:
You will see this message:
Choose Category (for example: community and government)> Confirm.
6. Go to your community and refresh the home page. Now you should be able to see the "connect messenger" on the right toolbar. Click on it, and it will direct you to this page that says your messenger is now connected:
Now, only you, the other admins, and a tester from Facebook is able to use your Fb Messenger. To make it accessible for all your community users:
Go to developers.facebook.com1> Messenger> Settings> scroll down to click on the add to submissions in front of the pages-messaging> Details> choose the command as /connect and choose the message as "your messenger is now connected"> Save the changes.
Now you need to wait for Facebook to approve your integration. It usually takes 1-2 business days from Facebook's side.