A community manager is responsible for the overall success of the community. Community managers should know the mission and vision of the company/organization by their hearts, therefore, must be employed by the organization and cannot be outsourced.
A community manager is responsible for:
- Setting up guidelines and policies for the community.
- Leveraging existing marketing channels to drive membership and engagement.
- Identifying and nurturing superusers and advocates and engaging them in marketing activities.
- Managing the gamification system and reputation levels that reward members with points and perks.
- Using data and analytics dashboard to observe trends in activity and membership.
- Guiding and overlooking the moderators’ activity.
- Monitoring the health of the community and other measurement programs.
- Executing the strategy and making sure the community achieves the goals aligned with business objectives.