Skip to main content
Eddie Reid
Community Manager at BHD
Asked a question recently

How can I create dashboards on Google Analytics using events data sent from the community?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

It is very easy to build dashboards on Google Analytics with the publicly shared dashboard templates on Google Analytics Solutions Gallery6

Given below are steps you should follow to import these dashboards to your Google Analytics view:

1. Install Google Analytics app2 in your community.

2. Ensure that the Google Analytics view you are using for the community is properly tracking visits by going to the real time view and performing some activities in the communities (e.g., answering a question).

How can I create dashboards on Google Analytics using events data sent from the community?

The above screenshot shows various event categories and actions.

3. Learn more about different events categories and associated event actions sent to Google Analytics1.

4. Now, it is time for you to import the dashboards added on Google Analytics Solutions Gallery3

Note that we have shared three dashboards based on the following categories for metrics:

• Community growth
  • Engagement
  • Content and members

5. Once you are on Solutions Gallery, click on the 'Import' button.

6. Select the view that tracks your community and click on 'Create'. Now, you will be redirected to the dashboard in Google Analytics.

7. Repeat this step for all of the three dashboards for growth, engagement, and content and members.

8. Once importing is done, you should be able to access the dashboards in the "Customization" section.

Here is a sample view of the engagement dashboard.