Skip to main content
Lara Simpson
Community Ninja
Asked a question 4 months ago

How to promote a link or an event inside my community?

Where am I?

In Tribe you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Eli Tribe TEAM
Customer Support Manager at Tribe

Hi @Lara Simpson51. You can promote your events or anything else in many different places inside your community. Below are some examples:

1. Create a topic:
Create a topic and call it "Events" or anything else that applies. Add the topic to the left menu on the home page, as explained here12 for more visibility. Then, inside that topic page, create post(s) for your events:

2. Create a Group:
Create a group and call it "Events" or anything else that applies. Add the group as a "default group" as explained here24 to make sure everyone in your community would have access to it. Then, inside that group page, create post(s) for your events. 

3. Post an Announcement:
Add an announcement on the community home page. Add an action button to the announcement that is linked to a topic page or a group page in your community. That topic page or group page should include all the events. This is 12how you can post an announcement:

4. Use HTML:
Add the links from your events page (internal or external page) to the right-side home page menu using HTML code. The explanations are provided here51

5. Promote Link Inside A Group:
If you want to promote some events inside a specific group and for a limited number of your users, you can share it in a group. You can promote a link or event or anything else inside a group in different ways:

5.1. Add it as a highlighted topic18:

5.2. Add it to the group description section. Click on the group> (...)> Edit> Add Description> Save. 

5.3. Share it as a pinned post6 to the top of the group page.  

What kind of "Post" can be shared? 

1. It can be a post with an informative image attached to it:

2. It can be a link to your live streaming as explained here20.